NHS NOT FOR SALE !
The new Government Health and Social Care Act means Commis-sioning Groups (CCG‟s) made up mainly of GP‟s are now given the money to buy our local health services. They have to offer contracts to private health care providers as well as the NHS.
When will this happen?
It is happening already! Outrageously it began under Labour. In the UK private companies like Virgin are running Medical cen-tres, children‟s services, district nurses and hospitals,for profit!
How can profit be made from health care?
The taxes we pay to the government are given to private com-panies to provide health services. To increase profit they make cuts and sell care. MP’s & some doctors on the CCG’s have financial interests in these companies gain by selling off the NHS to them!
Will health still be free?
Free health treatments like hip and knee replacements, cata-ract and other operations are no longer available in some areas Already insurance companies are planning to sell “top up” health policies!
With public pressure some Groups have chosen the option of giving health contracts to one provider: the NHS! We need to force all Groups to do this.
THE NHS WAS FOUGHT FOR
WE HAVE A DUTY TO SAVE IT FOR OUR CHILDREN
What is happening in our city?
• Arriva Bus Company takeover Community Ambulance
• Drugs services in the city have been privatised
• Plans for further privatisation are imminent.
• A planned review of 12 hospitals, A&E departments and12 vital areas of health — with a plan to cut services and close hospitals and at least 4 A&E departments.
What can you do?
• DEMONSTRATION – Saturday 8th December, 12.30, All Saints Park, Oxford Road, Manchester (by Man-chester Metropolitan University)
• MEETING Thursday 13th December, 7pm, Mechanics Institute, 103 Princess St, M1 6DD
• At the meeting sign letters and petitions urging CCG‟s to buy services from the NHS only, the 3rd option.
• Send a KONP card or write to ask your GP to mark your medical notes „NPP‟ (No Private Provider).
• Organise a KONP meeting in your area.
• Join a Union, attend the meetings and support the trade unions‟ call for a general strike against austerity!