Manchester Users Network. How To get Help Over Christmas and the New Year 2016/17 :
Crisis teams can give urgent help to people who have a mental health problem.
- You can call NHS 111. The line is for when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. You can call 111 if you don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call. Or if you need health information or advice about what to do next.
- Go to the accident and emergency (A&E) or casualty department of the local hospital. You can also do this if you have physical injuries (for example, because of self harm, injury or overdose). A&E will assess you and may get a psychiatrist to see you. You could get admitted to a mental health ward in hospital.
- You can call the emergency services on 999 if you cannot go to A&E. They may contact mental health services such as the crisis team or take you to A&E
Need practical advice & info? We can help.
Contact our Advice team about mental health & related issues
0300 5000 927 Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4pm, not including bank holidays
Visit Mind website here: MIND
Mental health emergency – if you’re in crisis or despair
If your mental or emotional state quickly gets worse, or you’re in crisis or despair, or you know someone who is, help is available. It’s important to get help quickly. You’re not alone; talk to someone you trust. Sharing a problem is often the first step to recovery.
The Samaritans offer a 24-hour telephone helpline:
- telephone: 028 9066 4422 (local call charges apply)
- National telephone:116 123 (this number is free to call)
- textphone: 08457 90 91 92
You can also contact them by email or write to them.
You can find more information about Samaritans at: www.samaritans.org
Additional Information: MUN Reporter:
MANCHESTER USERS NETWORK ” KEEPING the SERVICE USER in MIND”
Remember that no thought stays the same. All our member at Manchester Users Network have been in crisis at some point, don’t be alone reach out get the help waiting for your call at one of the above contacts. Don’t be alone.
Support Manchester Users Network Help Keep Our Work Going Make a Donation This Christmas we need your support. Make a small monthly donation and keep our website going contact us at manchesterusersnetwork.org.uk
Call Tel: 07748115989 “Service Users keep MUN Going Help Us Meet Our Monthly Cost.
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM ALL AT MANCHESTER USERS NETWORK!